|placename:-||Armitt Library and Museum of Ambleside|
Lakes parish, once in
|museum; art gallery|
Armitt Library and Museum of Ambleside -- Ambleside -- Lakes -- Cumbria / -- 7.10.2005
Two Misses Armitt, who lived at Rydal Cottage, built a
collection of local books, papers and maps.
The Armitt Trust was founded in 1912. William Heelis was a founder member, and his wife, Beatrix Potter, gave her collection of natural history paintings.
|Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2008|