button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- Cleator Moor Station
other name:- Crossfield Goods Depot
site name:- Whitehaven, Cleator and Egremont Railway
locality:- Cleator Moor
parish Cleator Moor parish, once in Cumberland
county:- Cumbria
railway station; station
coordinates:- NY01681525
10Km square:- NY01
1st station, opened 1857; closed 1866; remained as Crossfield Goods.

1Km square NY0115

source:- OS County Series (Cmd 6712)

County Series maps of Great Britain, scales 6 and 25 inches to 1 mile, published by the Ordnance Survey, Southampton, Hampshire, from about 1863 to 1948.
Station / M.P.
at Cleator Moor; the line running off NW goes to the Hematite Ironworks
railway station; railway sidings
date:- 1867=1868
period:- 19th century, late; 1860s

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2008

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.

©  Martin and Jean Norgate: 2012
mailto button  email:- JandMN@norgate.freeserve.co.uk
button, online connection  Other projects

button, online connection  Geography Department, Portsmouth University