button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- Egremont and Sellafield branch railway
parish Egremont parish, once in Cumberland
parish St John Beckermet parish, once in Cumberland
parish Lowside Quarter parish, once in Cumberland
parish St Bridget Beckermet parish, once in Cumberland
county:- Cumbria
railway
from Egremont at the end of the Whitehave, Cleator and Egremont Railway, through Beckermet, to Sellafield, on the Whitehaven and Furness Junction Railway, Cumberland.
References

imageRWY029.jpg

old map:- Garnett 1850s-60s H

Map of the English Lakes, scale about 3.5 miles to 1 inch, published by John Garnett, Windermere, Westmorland, 1850s-60s.
thumbnail GAR2NY00, button to large image
triple line, light bold light, railway
date:- 1850=1869
period:- 19th century, late; 1850s; 1860s

old map:- Railway Clearing House 1914

Book, reproduction railway maps, Pre Grouping Railway Junction Diagrams 1914, published by Ian Allan, London, late 20th century? originally published by the Railway Clearing House, London, 1914?
W. C. & E. JNT. (FURNESS & L.&N.W.)

placename:- Whitehaven, Cleator and Egremont Joint Railway
other name:- Furness Railway
other name:- London and North Western Railway
date:- 1914
period:- 1910s

goes through
mapping:- Egremont Station, Egremont
Beckermet Mine Branch Junction, St John Beckermet
railway bridge, St John Beckermet
Beckermet Station, Beckermet
railway viaduct, Beckermet
railway bridge, Beckermet (2)
railway bridge, Beckermet
Sellafield Junction, St Bridget Beckermet
28.6.1866: authorized
1869: opened

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2008

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.

©  Martin and Jean Norgate: 2012
mailto button  email:- JandMN@norgate.freeserve.co.uk
button, online connection  Other projects

button, online connection  Geography Department, Portsmouth University