button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- Linstock
parish Stanwix Rural parish, once in Cumberland
county:- Cumbria
building/s
coordinates:- NY427584
10Km square:- NY45

1Km square NY4258

old map:- Bowen and Kitchin 1760

New Map of the Counties of Cumberland and Westmoreland, scale about 4 miles to 1 inch, Emanuel Bowen and Thomas Kitchin, published by T Bowles, John Bowles and Son, Robert Sayer, and John Tinney, 1760; published 1760-87.
thumbnail BO18NY45, button to large image
Lynstock
no symbol

placename:- Lynstock
date:- 1760
period:- 18th century, late; 1760s

button   Linstock Castle, Stanwix Rural
button   Linstock House, Stanwix Rural

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.

©  Martin and Jean Norgate: 2014
mailto button  email:- JandMN@norgate.freeserve.co.uk
button, online connection  Other projects

button, online connection  Geography Department, Portsmouth University