|place:-||Webster's Marble Works|
|place:-||Marble Works, The|
|site name:-||Bridge House|
Kendal parish, once in
|marble works; office; shop|
What is now Bridge House was the offices and showroom of the
Marble Works belonging to Francis Webster, about 1800; later
run by George and Francis Webster, about 1829. Francis snr,
architect, started the business:-
About the year 1800 ... Mr Webster erected machinery at Low Mills, on the River Kent, for sawing and polishing marble ...
Part of the offices, 3 Bridge Street, was converted to a dwelling, occupied by Francis jnr in 1841.
Nicholson, C: 1832: Annals of Kendal
Parson, W and W: 1829: History, Directory and Gazetteer of the Counties of Cumberland and Westmorland: Baines (Ledds, Yorkshire)
|Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2008|