button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- Little Fell
site name:- Middle Tongue
site name:- Saddleback
parish Threlkeld parish, once in Cumberland
county:- Cumbria
fell; hill
coordinates:- NY319274
10Km square:- NY32
References Ford 1839 (3rd edn 1843)

1Km square NY3127

old print:- Otley 1823 (4th edn 1830) -- possibly relevant

Guidebook, Concise Description of the English Lakes, later A Description of the English Lakes, by Jonathan Otley, published by the author, Keswick, Cumberland, by J Richardson, London, and by Arthur Foster, Kirky Lonsdale, Cumbria, 1823 onwards.
Page 47:-
thumbnail O75E01, button to large image
Outline View of Skiddaw, and Saddleback (formerly Blencathera) As seen on approaching Keswick from the South: With names prior to the inclosure of the Commons in 1810.
The Dod / Ullock / Long Side / Carleside / Carsleddam / Broad End / Skiddaw Man / Little Man / Jenkin Hill / Lonscale Fell / Latrigg / High Row Fell / Little Fell / Priest Man / Linthwaite Pike / Knot Aller / Threlkeld Hall Fell

placename:- Little Fell
date:- 1830
period:- 19th century, early; 1830s

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.

©  Martin and Jean Norgate: 2014
mailto button  email:- JandMN@norgate.freeserve.co.uk
button, online connection  Other projects

button, online connection  Geography Department, Portsmouth University