Camerton parish, once in
The bridge connects the village to the burial ground. When
it was built, no one knew what to call it. It was decided to
call it after the first person to be carried over it to the
graveyard. This was Joseph Parkin, died 1800. He had a
reputation as a miser.
|Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2008|