button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- Flimby Colliery
locality:- Flimby
parish Maryport parish, once in Cumberland
county:- Cumbria
coal mine; mine
coordinates:- NY039337
10Km square:- NY03
References OS County Series (Cmd 45)

1Km square NY0333

source:- OS County Series (Cmd 45)

County Series maps of Great Britain, scales 6 and 25 inches to 1 mile, published by the Ordnance Survey, Southampton, Hampshire, from about 1863 to 1948.
Flimby Colliery (Robin Hood Pit)

placename:- Flimby Colliery
other name:- Robin Hood Pit
date:- 1867=1868
period:- 19th century, late; 1860s

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.

©  Martin and Jean Norgate: 2014
mailto button  email:- JandMN@norgate.freeserve.co.uk
button, online connection  Other projects

button, online connection  Geography Department, Portsmouth University